Based on the freshly adopted changes, which are to only affect the current convocation of the Parliament, a political group and its chairperson will have the same rights as a parliamentary faction.
With the amendments coming into force immediately, the two Citizens party MPs, Alexander Elisashvili and Levan Ioseliani, initiators of the change, and the NPC Girchi party, comprised of three MPs, will now be able to establish a political group.
- Parliament Endorses Controversial Amendments to Rules of Procedure
- United National Movement Creates Parliamentary Faction
- Second Opposition Parliamentary Faction Established
- First Opposition Parliamentary Faction Established
- Georgian Dream, Opposition, Except for UNM, EG, Sign EU Proposal