Georgia will get a grant amounting to EUR 28.5 million and preferential loan equalling EUR 170 million from the German Government, the Georgian Finance Ministry reported.
Georgian Finance Minister Ivane Machavariani and German Ambassador Hubert Knirsch signed the relevant document on July 31.
In particular, the grants and loans will be disbursed for:
- “Sustainable Urban Mobility in Georgia” – EUR 100 million loan, EUR 2 million grant;
- “Energy Efficiency Open Program” – EUR 40 million loan, EUR 3,2 million grant;
- “Communal Infrastructure for Environment and Tourism” – EUR 30 million loan, EUR 3 million grant;
- “Biodiversity and Sustainable Local Development” – EUR 18.5 million grant;
- Energy Efficiency Measures and Approximation to EU Energy Efficiency Standards, phase II” – EUR 1.8 million grant;