On October 3-4, the North Atlantic Council (NAC), the principal political decision-making body of NATO, will visit Georgia upon the invitation of the Georgian authorities.
NATO announced on September 23 that Deputy Secretary General Rose Gottemoeller will chair a meeting of the NATO–Georgia Commission together with Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia in Batumi.
Gottemoeller and the NATO Permanent Representatives will also meet with President Salome Zurabishvili, Minister of Internal Affairs Vakhtang Gomelauri, Minister of Defence Irakli Garibashvili, as well as Parliament Speaker Archil Talakvadze and other legislators.
The NATO Deputy Secretary General will deliver a speech to students at the Batumi State University as well. The NATO Ambassadors will have a working lunch with Foreign Minister Davit Zalkaliani, will meet with the civil society representatives and visit two Georgian coast guard vessels.
- 12/09/2019 – NATO’s Appathurai Says ‘No Point in Discussing’ Rasmussen’s Article 5 Proposition
- 03/04/2019 – NATO to ‘Deter and Defend’ against Russia in the Black Sea – officials
- 01/04/2019 – Four NATO Ships Make Port Call in Poti
- 12/07/2018 – Georgia in NATO Brussels Summit Declaration
- 10/07/2018 – SG Stoltenberg: NATO’s Door Remains Open for Georgia