The State Security Service of Georgia reported that the Russian occupation forces carried out illegal flight along the occupation line with Tskhinvali Region/South Ossetia on September 24.
Although the Security Service did not specify the exact place, it said “this affects the existing security environment on the ground.” It also noted that the hotline has been activated, and the co-chairs of Geneva International Discussions, as well as the EU Monitoring Mission have been informed.
The Security Service also added that the issue about the recent developments in disputed Chorchana-Tsnelisi area will be raised at the upcoming round of Geneva International Discussions on October 7-8.
- 19/09/2019 – Geneva Talks Co-Chairs Hold Meetings in Tbilisi, Tskhinvali, Sokhumi
- 17/09/2019 – EU Enlargement Commissioner on Georgia’s Judiciary Reform, ‘Borderization’
- 17/09/2019 – U.S. ‘Very Concerned’ by Developments at Occupation Line
- 17/09/2019 – EUMM on Events in Chorchana-Tsnelisi Area
- 15/09/2019 – Geneva Talks Co-Chairs on Closure of Tskhinvali Crossing Points
- 06/09/2019 – Georgia MFA Concerned by Tskhinvali Placing ‘Border Signs’ in Chorchana-Tsnelisi Area
- 06/09/2019 – In Tit-for-Tat Move, Tskhinvali Places ‘Border Signs’, Flag in Chorchana-Tsnelisi Area
- 29/08/2019 – GID Co-Chairs Speak ‘Borderization’ ahead of IPRM