skip to content

Gas Leak Claims More Lives

(Tbilisi, January 24, Civil Georgia) – A family of four was smothered at night on January 24 because of gas leak from the indoor water heater. One-year and four-year-old children were among the victims as well as 21-year-old Ukrainian citizen.

130 cases of gas poisoning were officially registered in Georgia in one-year term. 30 of the cases were lethal.

The government and gas distribution companies are denying their responsibility. They say improper fixing of the heating equipment is to blame.

Numerous small companies sell and install the gas heaters, while no common security standards are enforced.

This post is also available in: ქართული (Georgian)


Back to top button